Guest-Blog For Us!
PhotoGearheads.Com wants YOU to be a guest-blogger!
You need quality backlinks to your website in order to improve your page-rank on Google. And, so do we! So, write a quality guest blog post for us and we’ll post it to PhotoGearHeads.Com, along with a few words about you, your website, your author photo, and a link-back to the web page of your choosing. It doesn’t have to be Pulitzer winning material, and you don’t need to be the next Tolstoy or Hemmingway… we’re justing looking for good material that readers of PhotoGearHeads.com might find to be either interesting, informative, entertaining, and/or just plain fun.
Here are our guest-blogging requirements:
• Your guest blog post must be entirely unique. It will be checked with Copyscape and Google before being accepted, and it must pass or it will not be posted to PhotoGearHeads.Com. This means that the blog post that you write for us can not appear anywhere else on the internet except for PhotoGearHeads.Com — it can not even appear on your own website. If it does, Google, and other search engines, will punish both of our websites for posting duplicate content. Your submission to PhotoGearHeads.Com must be an entirely original and unique work.
• Your guest blog post must be related to the topic of photography. We will consider practically any article that is in some direct way sure to be of some interest to those who have an interest in photography. You can write how-tos, tips, tricks, reviews, tutorials, musings, personal photographic stories or experiences — practically anything. As long as it’s photography related and would be of some interest to people who themselves are interested in the subject of photography.
• You must fully own the rights to any images you submit for inclusion in your guest blog post, or the images must be absolutely confirmed to reside entirely within the public domain.
• You must agree that PhotoGearHeads.Com reserves the right to reject your submission for any reason, and that PhotoGearHeads.Com makes no promises with regards to any amount or type of returned Internet traffic. Also, you agree that by your submission, you agree to hold harmless and indemnify PhotoGearHeads.Com, its employees, agents, officers, representatives and assigns, against any claims of loss, injury or damages which may be incurred as a result of the publication of your submission on the PhotoGearHeads.Com website — in other words: You’re responsible for what you write.
• We usually require a minimum of 500 words for any article you submit. Any submission less than 300 words in length will be rejected outright. Submissions greater than 300, but less than 500 words may be considered, but very likely wont be accepted for publication unless they are, in some way, truly spectacular works or are deemed to be of exceedingly exceptional interest to our readers. In short: Try to make your article at least 500 words.
• Any images you submit may contain your branding mark or watermark, but these marks must not be of a size, nature or placement that significantly detracts from the viewing experience of the image, if images you submit do contain such obtrusive branding marks, your article may be rejected, or we may contact you and ask that the image be altered before the article receives publication.
• Include a short, written author’s blurb about yourself, and/or your website — this may contain a brief “author bio.” Include the url to the website that you’d like to have your guest blog post linked to.
• You may feel free to include links to relative and pertinent videos to be embedded in your article — but they MUST be YOUR videos — of your own making. And, they must not be merely promotional in nature. I.e. – no video ads. The videos must be related to what’s being discussed in your article and must prove, in some way, useful and/or entertaining to the reader. For embedding, we can accept video links from Youtube (preferred), or Google Video, DailyMotion, Vimeo, Veoh, MetaCafe, Flickr, Blip, Viddler, or Myspace.
• While you retain ownership and copyright of your submitted article, you agree, by submitting your article for publication on PhotoGearHeads.Com, that you are granting PhotoGearHeads.Com, upon publication to the PhotoGearHeads.Com website, exclusive license to publish the written portion of your submitted work for a term of no less than ten years from the date of publication, and thereafter non-exclusive license to publish the written portion of your work in perpetuity. You also agree that you are granting to PhotoGearHeads.Com the non-exclusive rights to publish any images and/or video which may be included with your submission, effective immediately upon publication of your submission, and on into perpetuity.
Things that are not absolutely required, but preferred:
• We’d like you to include a 300X300 or greater, pixel image of yourself to be posted along side your author information. Preferably, this should be a professionally taken head-shot. If you’d rather include a 300X300 image of your logo, instead of a head-shot, this is acceptable as well. Please note that such images will be displayed on the PhotoGearHeads.Com website at 150X150 pixels, no matter what size of image you submit.
• A link-back from your website or blog to our main page at Http://PhotoGearHeads.Com, and/or to your guest blog post on the PhotoGearHeads.Com website.,
• You may submit images to accompany your guest blog post in any reasonable size, but please be aware that images will be scaled down to an absolute maximum of 500 pixels across their horizontal dimension when posted on PhotoGearHeads.Com.
PhotoGearHeads.Com would love to have you write a guest blog post for us! Please fill out and submit the form below and tell us a little bit about any article you might have in mind that you’d like to submit to PhotoGearHeads.Com. If it sounds like something that would prove to be mutually beneficial to our websites, we’ll get back to you ASAP and let you know where to submit your article.