Renowned Photographer John Free To Hold Two Day Street Photography Workshop
|January 31, 2013||Posted by Photo GearHead under Miscellaneous|
John Free, a Los Angeles based photographer and social documentarian, renowned for his unique style of street photography, has announced that he will be conducting two upcoming workshops in Los Angeles.
The first of the two workshops will run from Saturday, March 16th to the 17th, and the second from Saturday, April 13th to the 14th. Each workshop will be limited to only ten participants, but will be open to anyone regardless of their level of skill. Mr. Free has said that everyone, from beginner photographers to advanced professionals, will find benefit in the event. Along with this, participants are invited to bring along any type of camera they wish — from the most advanced professional rigs, to just a modest cell-phone camera. And, either digital or film is welcome.
John Free has seventeen years of experience in conducting street-photography workshops and classes — instructing students around the world in places such as Paris, London, New York and Los Angeles.
It is expected that attendees of this workshop will:
- Learn to improve their abilities at recognizing potential and interesting photographic situations.
- Learn to develop and refine their ability to quickly and efficiently analyze and assess elements which provide meaning to a subject.
- Learn how to capture a moment or event at the correct time when elements, form and mood achieve a peak of visual impact.
- Learn to develop their skill at recognizing situations which will produce photos that communicate to the viewer what the photographer intended.
- Learn to work quickly and efficiently, without having to worry too much about your camera.
- Learn how to avoid problems in sensitive photographic situations.
- Learn how to develop techniques that will let a photographer get in close to the subject, while not disturbing the subject.
- Learn how to enhance their awareness regarding how to effectively compose the pertinent elements, forms and moods which make up an interesting photo.
- Learn how to produce images that entertain or inform the viewer, or affect them in some way.
The first day of the workshop will commence with a lecture by John Free, followed by attendees participating in actual street-photography on the streets of Los Angeles, all guided and directed by Mr. Free. The second day will involve extensive review of the works produced by attendees on the previous day, followed by more actual street shooting. It should be noted that attendees should be prepared for extensive walks, along with some use of public transportation services in order to reach certain shooting locations.
The cost for registration for this workshop is $500.00 and includes a full year of on-line follow-up critiques of participant’s future works. Attendees will be responsible for providing their own transportation, accommodations, meals, as well as processing/developing costs if they plan on using film during the workshop.
More information about John Free can be found at his website: JohnFreePhotography.Com. More information regarding this specific upcoming pair of workshops, along with information on how to register for the workshops, can be found here, and an on-line schedule for all of Mr. Free’s currently planned workshops taking place around the country and elsewhere can be viewed on this web page. John Free also maintains a Facebook page at Facebook.com/johnnienikon.